Travel Guide for a Weekend Trip
Winter is a time where several places in India come under the deep envelope of snow. Where you want to go depends a lot on your mood and idea of a holiday. If you wish to see snow then you can head straight to popular hill- station in the country such as Auli, Manali, Gulmarg, etc. But in case you want a trip soaked in culture and history you must visit places such as Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, etc. During winters these places boast of lovely weather along with some mild sunshine.
Mentioned below are our top choices of places to visit in India during winter months:
1. Jaipur-The pink-hued Jaipur has forever been on top priority during winter months. The weather is just beautiful and this makes it extremely convenient to visit various tourist spots in the city such as City Palace, JantarMantar, Amer Fort, Jaigarh Fort, HawaMahal, etc. The Light and Sound show at Amer Fort is just spectacular.
2. Agra- the city of majestic TajMahal is one of the most visited spots in the country during winter months. During winters you can visit TajMahal even during the afternoon as the weather is pleasant.
Spend your afternoon at the reverberating Taj complex and bask in the beauty of this breathtakingly wonderful monument of love. Choose a rooftop restaurant which offers a view of Taj and enjoy your cup of coffee in the winter sun. Walkthrough the busy Agra bazaars and buy souvenirs and presents for your friends and family.
3. Udaipur- The city of Udaipur is bustling with tourists in winters. From Bagoreki Haveli to Lake Palace, City Palace, JagMandir all these places don the perfect shade in the winter sun. Winters are the perfect time to capture the beauty of these places. Nothing can be more romantic than watching winter sunset at Pichola Lake.
The sight is just spectacular. The cool breeze brushing against your face as you sail on the waters of the lake is just amazing. You can stroll around and shop at the Bada Bazaar, Hathi Poll and Chetak Circle, etc.
4. Goa- If winter chill does not appeal you then Goa is the place you can plan in winters. Even though there is so much to do in Goa all through the year, winter months especially Christmas and New Year are the most amazing time to visit this smallest state. If you are fond of adventure you can indulge in water sports and if you like to party there is no dearth of beach clubs and night clubs in Goa. Also, winters mark the presence of various festivals here such as Sunburn music fest, Goa Film Festival, Christmas parties, New Year parties, etc.
5. Kerala- Popularly known as ‘God’s own country’, Kerala is also a very good destination to go in winters. It is amongst the Best places to visit in February. Known for its healing Ayurvedic massages, verdant greenery, tea and spice plantations, backwaters, etc. this place is ideal for relaxing and laid-back winter holiday.
The state is also home to various national parks such as Silent Valley National Park, Periyar National Park, etc. People who love wildlife and nature get a wonderful opportunity to witness wildlife from close quarters.
6.Gulmarg & Sonmarg-If Skiing and other winter sports such as snowboarding, sledging, etc attract you then winter wonderland Gulmarg is one of the Best places to visit in January in India. During winter months it is blanketed in thick white snow.
The panoramic view of Gulmarg via cable car is just divine. People especially come here to enjoy winter sports. Sonmarg is just two hours away from Gulmarg and people usually go there when they plan a trip to Sonmarg.
7. Auli- If you are looking forward to a peaceful and relaxing winter holiday then Auli in Uttarakhand is a wonderful place to go. You will see snow-covered peaks wherever you set your eye. Auli has several skiing resorts.
You can trek to Gurgaon Bugyal or KwaniBugyal or visit the beautiful Auli Lake. This place also has Asia’s longest cable car which provides you 360degree view of snow-clad peaks of Himalayas- HathiParvat, Nanda Devi, Trishul, Kamet and ManaParvat.
8. Nainital- Located by the majestic Himalayas, Nainital is amazing in winters. The place is blessed with several lakes and the huge amount of beauty makes it a mesmerizing spot to visit in winters. You can go lake hopping or visit the mall, or admire snow-covered Himalayan peaks from the Snow View Point.
9. Manali- It is the snow-capped stunning peaks and beautiful valleys that attract tourists to Manali in winters. Even though this place is stunning all through the year, it is the best in winters. The hill station is a perfect venue for winter sports and you can indulge in activities such as horse riding, paragliding, zorbing, tobogganing, etc. The nearby hamlets such as Kullu, Kasol, Rohtang are ideal for a day tour. From Manali, tourists can also go for trekking expeditions to Hampta Pass, Pin Parvati Pass, and the Great Himalayan National Park.
10. Binsar- Binsar in Uttarakhand offers you the perfect way to enjoy the winter solitude. Being surrounded by lofty peaks of Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Pachachuli is simply divine. You can see all these peaks from Zero Point in Binsar.
This quaint little hill town is popular for its verdant green locales, thick forests and Binsar wildlife sanctuary. You will see breathtaking beauty at every corner of this place. So, these are the top ten destinations in India where you can plan to go during the winter months. All of these places have their flavour and essence. It is recommended that you choose a winter holiday spot as per your liking and budget.